I’m back! I had to take some much-needed time away from the blog. I really enjoy blogging but my family needed me more. I’ve thought about posting several times over the last two weeks but I’ve struggled with having nothing to say or too much to say.
We’ve been in our home for 6 weeks now. I’ve been totally consumed with helping my kids to get adjusted as well as getting settled. We are about 60% settled. There are some long-term home projects that will get done in due time. It’s one of those things that just does not happen overnight.
Quite honestly, I’m worn out. The last thing that I needed was to put pressure on myself to produce a blog post. I’m sure you can relate.
I have about 5 balls in the air now, and I’m trying not to let any of them drop. No need to bore you with the details because it might take me some place I don’t want to go mentally. We all have challenges in our lives, but we must face them through prayer, and support from those we love.
I choose to focus on all the positive things that are going on in my life right now, even the little things. It’s been a while since I wrote about my expressions of gratitude. This time, I’m going to name 11 things that I am grateful for today.
I am grateful ……
1. I am grateful for my kids. They are great kids and have made us extremely proud. They really are the wind beneath my wings because they give me that extra push when I’m feeling a little blah.
First Day of School 2014
2. We survived move # 4. Life does go on. You have to be ready and get ready.
3. We love our new location, neighborhood and home. I guess we are in the Buckeye club now. Although, my husband and I are Penn State grads, Go Nittany Lions!
4. My oldest daughter got her permit and is driving me everywhere. I love it! (after I got over my initial fear). She’s a good driver.
5. We are within a closer driving distance to both sides of our family. Hopefully, we’ll see them more.
6. We have reunited with our old church. We are so excited about becoming actively involved.
7. My nephew will be attending his last two years of high school with us. We are looking forward to a bright future.
8. My husband is such a hard worker and he takes great care of his family.
9. I am grateful that I have friends here who are looking out for me, and care about my well-being.
10. My kids started school and everyone seems to be content. They are still working on making new friends but I think they’ll be fine.
11. I will be attending my very first blogging conference right here in Ohio. “Bloggy Conference 2014 at Cedar Point.
What are you grateful for?
I hope that life is treating you well.
Peace and Blessings,