Today is the last day of the year (2014). Can you believe it?
It also happens to be my birthday. I was almost a New Years baby! I am not only celebrating the blessings that occurred in 2014, but another year of life. When I was in my twenties, I used to bring in the New Year and my birthday with a bang. My friends and I would put on our party dresses and bring in the New Year on the dance floor. Well, those days are long over. The past 20 plus years I have brought the New Year in with close friends and family in a more personal setting. I wouldn’t have it any other way.
I’m just so grateful to be here.
This year has been eventful and there have been highs and lows. That’s what life is all about, navigating the ups and downs. You have to keep going, pressing forward even when times are tough. I’m a person who sees the value in the ups and downs, maybe not right away but I do. Those experiences shape us and make us stronger.
Here are a few highlights of the most memorable events in 2014.
1. After living in Missouri for six years, we relocated back to Ohio for a second time in July 2014 with my husband’s company. This was our fourth corporate move. At least six months of 2014 was spent anticipating and planning for the move. There was a lot involved which included selling a house, buying a house, finding suitable schools and helping my three kids get settled. We had a few bumps here and there but I’m happy to report we are all settled in, and my kids are all doing well.
2. My kids are healthy, and well-adjusted. They keep me on the run with their activities and sports. They are reaching milestones, growing, and developing into fine young people. My fifteen year- old will be driving in a few short weeks provided all goes well. They have made friends, excelled academically, and are staying active in sports. It also helped that we have good friends here who were just as happy about our return. It’s made all the difference
3. I am working as a consultant for my local school district and I’m very excited about it. A friend of mine helped me to make the connection, and it’s working out well so far. I’m able to set my own hours, and be a part of something meaningful.
4. I’ve officially been blogging for over a year. My one year anniversary was November 2014. On the one hand I’m proud of myself for sticking with it but disappointed that I did not celebrate or publicize my blogging anniversary within the blogging community. I just had too much going on. I also lost my groove after the move and it still has not returned. I am only producing one post a week and that’s a stretch. The good news is, I am working on making some improvements and creating goals for my blog. I do enjoy it and think it’s just a slump.
5. My 16 year-old nephew joined our family this past summer. He lived with and was raised by my mom before her passing. Boy do I miss her. We’ve had some growing pains along the way, but he is adjusting to our way of doing things.
6. We traveled to Orlando, FL (Disney), Philadelphia, and New Orleans. My family enjoys traveling. We usually take 3-4 trips a year. We traveled with our extended family of 18 to Disney. My hubby and I also took a trip without kids to New Orleans for the weekend. We are very intentional about taking trips with just the two of us.
Our year has been great. So many positive things have happened that are not mentioned in the blog.
I believe that there is always room for improvement and growth. I have lots of ideas, talents and skills but I feel like I’m always on the verge of a break through. I don’t make resolutions but I do make plans. My plan for 2015 is to live to my true potential in all areas of my life.
Happy New Year!
Wishing you good health, much love and prosperity in 2015.
Peace and Blessings,