I was thrilled to receive the nomination for the Liebster Award from Elizabeth over at The Crum’s. She’s definitely an up and coming blogger with a lot to add to the blogosphere. Thank you for thinking of me.
You can learn more about Elizabeth in her post for the Liebster Award. It’s a great way for new bloggers to meet other new bloggers.
Let’s get started.
Here are the rules!
1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
3. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and have less than 1,000 followers.
5. Answer 11 questions posted by your presenter and ask your nominees to answer 11 questions.
My 11 Random Facts:
1. I love decorating. I especially enjoy a good DIY project.
2. We’ve moved three times in the past 10 years, and I don’t mind it at all. When it’s time for a new assignment, I’m usually ready to go. So don’t feel sorry for me.
3. I got married two weeks before I received my doctorate degree. My goal was to graduate before I started a family. I am really proud of that accomplishment.
4. I enjoy traveling. We take 3-4 trips every year.
5. I wish I could sing. I mean really sing. It’s no surprise that I like all of the singing shows.
6. I have perfectionistic tendencies with certain things. I’ve learned to tone it down now that I have kids. It gets on their nerves.
7. I always wanted to be a mom and used to daydream about the day my child would call me mommy.
8. Both of my parents passed away within four years of one another (2009 & 2013) and I still miss them a lot. They were great parents to me and my siblings.
9. I get bored easily, as a result I like change.
10. Self improvement is very important to me. I’m always striving to be better and do better.
11. I would like to learn how to play piano. I may just take lessons one day. It’s never too late. All three of my kids play and they are awesome. No really, I’m not living through them or anything :-). We are big supporters of the arts and music.
My Answers to Elizabeth’s 11 questions:
1. My happy place is sitting in my sunroom reading while enjoying the peace and quiet OR in a corner at Starbucks with my laptop and a chai tea.
2. The craziest thing that ever happened to me was we forgot the wedding bands on our wedding day and one of the bridesmaids had to run to the dressing room to get them in the middle of the ceremony. We’ll never forget that.
3. It is too difficult to pick just one favorite memory. This is s tough question because I have so many favorite memories related to my kids, husband, and extended family.
4. My favorite hobby is interior decorating or a DIY project. Blogging is one of my new favorite hobbies.
5. I want people to remember me as someone who loved God, made a difference and led by example. I also want people to remember me for being compassionate, and humble.
6. There is no particular era that I wish that I lived in other than the present. As an African-American woman, I’m not so sure that I could have endured what my ancestors experienced in years past.
7. My advice to my 16 year-old self would be to not worry so much about what your peers think and say because 10 years from now, it won’t have any baring on your life. Be yourself, make good choices and enjoy this time.
8. My favorite holiday is Christmas. The birth of baby Jesus is certainly a reason to celebrate. I absolutely love the spirit of the season and wish it would last the whole year through.
9. If I won the lottery, I would pay off all debts, make some good investments, and bless some family members by sharing my winnings.
10. My biggest fear is that I would pass before I see my children grow into adults with their own families.
11. I hang my toilet paper over.
My 11 Questions For My Nominees:
1. What is your idea of a relaxing day?
2. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
3. How would you describe quality time with those you love?
4. What are you most proud of at this point in your life?
5. What is your process for coming up with new content for your blog?
6. What movie have you seen recently that had a great message, name the movie?
7. What three adjectives describe you best?
8. What skill do you have that you are most proud of?
9. What is your dream job?
10. Describe your best vacation?
11. If you could improve one thing about yourself (not necessarily physical), what would that be?
1. Pam at Miss Read Diva
2. Jennifer at Emulsified Family
3. Melissa at Blog Happens
4. Herchel at Scruggbugcorner
5. Dee Dee at Mom Wife and Everything
6. Jackie at Wild Grace Women
7. Elizabeth at Voilà Elizabeth
8. Tiffany at Messy Momma
9. Melissa at Joy Faith and Dirt
Okay, so my apologies for not coming up with a total of 11 new bloggers. It was time-consuming. I think it should be cut back to 5 questions, 5 nominations and so on instead of 11. I’m just sayin’.
All blogs are different and unique in their own right but the number of followers is not obvious and it’s tough to determine if a blog is new. So my apologies to my nominations if you are not new and have more than 1000 followers.
I hope you’ll stop by often.
Have a great weekend!
Peace and Blessings,